Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day Two Temple Trip


Today we were able to go to the temple.  It was so great to get away and escape to St. George to the temple.  I am so thankful that I live in a place where I am surrounded by temples.  At home I literally could choose from about 5 temples to attend for a quick trip.  Here at school it's been different.  We have to plan it out in advance and make time to go, but oh it has been worth it!  Whenever I go home for the weekend  I try to go to the Timpanogos temple and its been fun to go with my Lehi friends some more before they leave on their missions.


About a month ago we went to Manti as roommates. We drove all the way to Manti (my maps on my phone does NOT believe in the shortest route) So we ended up taking the scenic route which was beautiful.  We still got there early for our appointment so we walked around the temple grounds for a good hour.  (It helped that it was huge and we all wanted to take pictures) It started raining just as we were going in.  The workers were so nice!  Hailey and I were confirmed in the same room where a Down syndrome boy was able to participate and he said the prayer during Hailey's 5 names.  It was a super sweet experience for us!  The font is gorgeous! It's not all white but it looks so cool.  I don't think I've gone to a temple where the oxen aren't white but I loved that room, it was so pretty!  Oh yeah...on our way home I got pulled over for my first time...eh he actually didn't pull up behind me with the flashing lights and all but he had someone else pulled over and was walking back to his car when we made awful eye contact and he pointed at me and then to the side of the road. None of my other roommates noticed so they were so confused when I pulled over freaking out on the freeway and then they got it.  I got away with a warning.  He was so nice; he didn't make me feel stupid at all.  He found out where we were going, and where we were coming from.  He ended up being a high councilman over Institute for Cedar City.  He thought of many excuses for me for why I was speeding but really we just wanted to get home for dinner :) He told us that he is so impressed with our generation that we are THE BEST!  He got real serious there and I thought he was gonna get emotional or something :) I just kept thinking how embarrassed I was for just getting pulled over yet he was telling us how impressed his was with us! It was cool; we talked about church for a little bit.  He gave us a good old safety talk.   Overall, it was a good day I'm glad we took the opportunity to attend the temple.
K
   

No comments:

Post a Comment