Monday, May 12, 2014

Happiness and Hank Smith

This last Thursday we had a stake fireside where my idol came and I got the chance to meet and talk with him.  I GOT TO MEET HANK SMITH!!! (I even got a hug from him) whoo!  Needless to say I had the best day on Thursday!  I floated all the way home.  He spoke about "Being Happy in an Unhappy World" it was so great! 
One portion I really enjoyed is “the 4 ways to be happy we learn from the Book Of Mormon”
1-Accentuate the positive. (1 Nephi 17:2-3, 20-21)
2-Learn to work (2 Nephi 5:27)
3-Keep the Commandments (Mosiah 2:41)
4-Drop the Contention (4 Nephi 1:16) the "happiest people"
He also talked about “the habits of supremely happy people” an article written by the Huffington Post. 
Happy People:
1.       Surround themselves with happy people
2.       Try to be happy
3.       Spend money on other people
4.       Have deep in-person conversations
5.       LAUGH!
6.       Use the power of music
7.       Make exercise a priority
8.       Go outside
9.       Get enough sleep
10.   Are spiritual

And in his awesome “prophet Dumbledore” voice he quoted “it is our choices, Harry, that make us who we are; far more than our abilities.”  Such great advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment